What is Fish Extract
Fish extract helps us give green manure.
- 1 Kg Native Fish,
- 1 Kg Jaggery.
- Take broad-mouthed glass jar (best) or plastic jar that is just the right size (not too big), cover the jar with the lid (cap)
- Remove the fish intestines and chop into fine pieces. (Using intestines is not harmful but it smells bad).
- Powder the Jaggery
- Put Fish and Jaggery to Jar. Shake it to mix properly.
- Don’t add water.
- In thirty days this will be fermented.
- Filter it using nylon mesh to get 300-500 ml solution changed into honey-like syrup.
- This is a great nutrient for the plants.
- Add 5 ml of this with one liter water for spraying.
- It can also be mixed with irrigation water (but it should be used in bulk minimum 5 kg of fish and 5 kg Jaggery).