53 / 100
- Group 1: 70 kg fully digested compost or vermi compost, 10 kg ash or rice bran ash and 20 kg saw dust.
- Group 2: (a) Five liters panchakavya, (b) five liters concentrated amudham solution, (c) five liters coconut-buttermilk or arappu-buttermilk or soapnut-buttermilk solution, (d) ten liters ETFPE, (e) five liters archae bacterial solution.
- Group 3: Bio-fertilizers – Azospirillum, Rhizobium, Phospobacteria, Potash Bacteria: 500 gms to 1 kg each and VAM 5 to 10 kgs.
- Group 4 :To control root rot, rhizome rot and fuzarium wilt): 500 gms-1kg each of Pseudomonas Fluorescence, Trichoderma Viridi, Trichoderma harzianum and Bassillus subtillus.
- Group 5: (To control nematode) 1-2 kg of Paicyllomycis.
- Group 6: (To control root grub, white grub, rhinoceros beetle and other soil-dwelling beetles and grubs): 500 gms – 1kg each of Beauveria Brongniartii and Metarhizium.
- Mix well the items in Group 1
- Mix the solutions mentioned in Group 2
- Mix the powders in Groups 3, 4, 5 and 6 well together; choose the powders based on yours crop’s condition.
- Add the mixtures from steps (a) and (c). On this combination sprinkle the solutions mixture from (b) and mix thoroughly so the combined mixture is uniformly moist.
- Use within 30 days.
- When you need to store it for longer periods store it in a heap that is about 2 feet broad and nine inches tall; the length could be chosen based on convenience.
- Cover it with wet gunny bags, coconut leaves, or sugarcane leaves.
- Take care to maintain uniform moisture by sprinkling water as often as necessary.
- This heap should be in a shed or in the shade of a tree.
- This can be used as basal application or as a top dressing depending on the need.
- Use it as a precautionary measure according to the condition of the crop.
- MEM can be used at the rate of 100-500 kg per acre.
- The ingredients given above are for preparing 100 kg MEM.
- To prepare larger quantities increase the quantities in Group 1 accordingly maintaining the same ratio of the ingredients in that group.
- This increases the quantity of the mixture. To make this mixture uniformly moist add sufficient quantity of archae solution.
- Do not change the quantity of other items in Groups 2 to 5.
- If the crop growth is not healthy and you cannot irrigate the crop because of rain use the mixture at least twice in fifteen days interval.
- If the crop is healthy use it once in 1-2 months during the growth period.
- For bed crops like vanilla, pepper and cardamom use MEM over the bed and cover it with leaves.
- In rainy season move the mulch away from the stem for effective drainage and spread MEM over the feeder roots to protect these roots
53 / 100